1. Name and title
Mark Yeager, President of Yeager Marketing
2. What do you do in your current role?
My primary role is to provide direction and structure for our incredible team of imaginative, knowledgeable and resourceful experts, and empower them to develop next-generation solutions to complex marketing challenges.
3. How long have you been in the Valley?
Since 1995. I was working for a company in the New York/New Jersey area at the time when I came out for a conference and loved it here. I got a recruiting call about a month later with a work offer and we’ve been in Arizona ever since.
4. What’s one of the most gratifying projects you’ve worked on in your career?
Tough question. I’ve had the privilege to work on many challenging projects for large technology brands that are all interesting and gratifying in their own way. About two years ago our group created a virtual reality experience for Dell and Microsoft that we started and completed inside of 45 days. That project stands out as maybe one of the most interesting and challenging.
5. What is your favorite part about the AZ tech scene?
It’s a small community, which is the part that I like the most. If you have been in tech in the Valley for a few years, then chances are you will know someone at just about any of the other tech organizations.
6. What is your favorite book, podcast or news site?
My two favorite business books are “Turning Pro” by Steven Pressfield and “Blue Ocean Strategy” by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne.
7. What is one hobby, adventure or pastime that gets you over-the-top ecstatic just thinking about doing it?
I have coached several of my boys’ baseball, football and basketball teams, and I’m currently a Cub Scout Den Leader. I really enjoy the opportunity to work with my kids and their friends.
8. One person in Arizona you’d like to have brunch with?
There are a ton of interesting people that live here but I would have to say Charles Barkley.
9. Tell us about your family (spouse, kids, pets, etc.)
I’m married to my wife of 20 years who has also been my business partner for almost 9 years. We have two boys, 15 and 9, and a golden retriever named Marley.