1. Name and title
Jonathan Cottrell, Strategy at IntraEdge and #yesphx Instigator
2. What do you do in your current role?
Business development, marketing leadership, product thinking and event management.
3. How long have you been in the Valley?
My whole life – 34 years.
4. What’s one of the most gratifying projects you’ve worked on in your career?
#yesphx and PHX Startup Week have been hugely gratifying because they started organically and the entire city rallied around them.
5. What is your favorite part about the AZ tech scene?
The spirit of generosity is alive and well.
6. What is your favorite book, podcast or news site?
I’m really into The Minimalists podcast right now. Reply All is great, too. I really dig just browsing Medium, in general. It has fantastic content.
7. What is one hobby, adventure or pastime that gets you over-the-top ecstatic just thinking about doing it?
I love films, but traveling with my family in general is enough to get me pumped. It doesn’t take much to get me excited.
8. One person in Arizona you’d like to have brunch with?
Steven Spielberg comes out to Arizona once per year, I hear. I’d love to meet with him. Again, I’m a film nerd.
9. Tell us about your family (spouse, kids, pets, etc.)
Nicole and I have been married for 12 years. She’s the best. Period. We have three amazing kids, Riley (10), Tolan (8) and Beckett (5), who are all about to celebrate some summer birthdays. We have two dogs, Lolo and Pickle, Pepper the cat and Peter the fish. Our mission as a family is to live and love freely, which I think we embody really well.